How to Select a Qualified Roofer near Trenton Texas
When your roof is old or damaged and you need a local roofing contractor in Trenton TX, it is imperative that you find an experienced professional that is not only screened but licensed for your peace of mind and protection. The roofer that you finally hire must be able to handle any project that involves shingles, including repairing, applying water proof coatings, removing snow or building a new roof. He or she should also be a specialist that works solely in the roofing trade as either a smaller one person shop with a crew or as part of a larger construction company. But undoubtedly most important of all is to find a roofer that has developed an exceptional reputation for quality workmanship at affordable prices. And before the job even starts, you should receive a written estimate with all of the specifics so that you will know how much the project costs before making your decision. That is how a professional contractor conducts business. So just how do you locate the right roofing company for your home? Let’s take a look at some of the important factors to consider before hiring a licensed professional in your area.
Roof Installation, Inspection or Repair
The following list of roofing installation, maintenance and repair services are offered by the majority of Trenton TX roofers. Since this is only a partial list it is not all inclusive of the services offered. If you are in need of a roofing service not listed below and would like a proposal from our featured vendor, please be sure to inquire with your quote request if that service is available in your area.
- Residential and Commercial Roofing
- New Roof Installation or Replacement
- Roof Inspection and Repair
- Leak Detection and Repair
- Maintenance and Cleaning
- Snow Removal
- Shingle Replacement
- Skylight Installation
- Water Proofing and Coatings
How to Hire a Roofing Contractor
Roofing is a trade or a profession that each State regulates and licenses. It requires experience and expertise and is generally not the type of work that should be entrusted to a “jack of all trades” or a handyman. So, if your roof has leak or it finally needs to be replaced, it is extremely important that you hire the services of a licensed Trenton TX roofing contractor. Following are some of the critical steps that you should take before selecting a professional roofer for your repair or replacement job.
- Consult with a minimum of 3 Local Roofing Contractors. Speaking with at least three Trenton TX roofers will give you a good idea of what the job entails and what it should cost. However, you should not make your decision based exclusively on the lowest bid. Be cautious of any excessively high or low quotes as well and ask the contractor why the extreme difference in cost. Also, work only with contractors that have an established local presence. Avoid “storm chasers” or door to door salesmen who claim they can get your insurance to pay for the whole job.
- Check Licensing and Credentials. Be sure to do your due diligence regarding any of the contractors that you are considering hiring. Professional and reputable Trenton TX roofing companies will be licensed and insured for both your and their protection. They should also be willing to provide at least 3 references from past local customers, preferably providing photos of their finished work. Be sure to contact the references and ask if they have been completely satisfied with the work. Checking with your Texas Attorney General for complaints filed, the Better Business Bureau or online review services are some of the other ways you can determine if they do excellent work.
- Get it all in Writing. Be sure to obtain and review your contract very carefully with the Trenton TX roofing contractor present so that you can address any questions. If you are not clear regarding any of the terms, have a lawyer review it first before signing. Make sure that you completely understand the warranty and payment schedule. Finally, confirm that all services to be performed that are included in the contract are clearly detailed, including such things as the materials or shingles to be used, the hauling away the old shingles and the general clean up after the job.
- Verify Permits and Insurance. Before allowing any work to begin, make sure that any permits that are required are properly obtained and displayed. This is something that any professional Trenton TX roofing contractor will be happy to take care of as part of their service under the contract. Also, make sure that the contractor’s employees are protected by Workers Compensation Insurance and that you and your home are both protected with Liability Insurance. You can request Certificates of Insurance that will provide proof that the coverages are in order. It is a good idea to also call the insurance provider to confirm that the policies have not lapsed. Finally, check with your own insurance company if the roof repair or replacement work is covered under your policy to ensure that all requirements have been satisfied and approval given before any work begins.
- Pay for Work as Completed. Do not pay for the entire roofing project in advance. If the contractor requires full immediate payment in the contract, don’t sign it. A “Good Faith” initial deposit combined with a payment schedule based on the work completed is a fairly common practice in Trenton TX and is reasonable. Also, if possible pay with a credit card instead of with a check or cash. Most credit card vendors offer some form of purchase protection, which will make it easier in case of a dispute and can eliminate the need to go to court to recoup your investment.
Need a New Roof in Trenton Texas?
If you live in the Trenton TX area and are in need of a good, reliable as well as affordable roofing contractor, following is some background information about your hometown that may be of interest.
Settlers from Tennessee arrived by wagon train from their home state in 1852. At the time of their arrival, the settlement and surrounding area was known by the colorful name of "Wild Cat Thicket". With the arrival of the Missouri, Kansas and Texas Railroad, a townsite was platted by Dr. W. C. Holmes, a pioneer physician and editor of Trenton Tribune, and known as "the father of Trenton". The name "Trenton" was submitted to the postal authorities (after Trenton, New Jersey), and the post office opened under that name in 1881.
The railroad drew people to Trenton from nearby communities, and a depot was built. The first population figures available show 200 people living there in the mid-1880s. Fifteen years later the population was 300 and the town had a school and all essential businesses, including a newspaper, a steam gristmill, a hotel, and a boardinghouse. At that time it became a major shipping origination point for cotton, corn, and oats produced by area farmers. A national bank was opened in Trenton in 1901 and by 1914 was capitalized at $40,000. By the mid-1920s the population had risen to just over 600 people, and the Trenton school system had 300 students enrolled. In the early 1930s farmers in the vicinity, influenced by the success of local farmer P. E. Brown, began large-scale commercial production of onions. This new crop grew rapidly in importance, and production reached a peak in 1933 when 158 rail carloads were shipped from Trenton. The effects of the Great Depression were devastating in the region, and by 1936 Trenton's population had declined to less than 500. During this time of economic hardship, the number of businesses serving the community dwindled to 28. With the recovery of the economy, the population also began to rise, with 634 reported in 1948 to an all-time high of 712 by 1967. In 1977 Trenton reported 615 residents and seventeen businesses. By the early 1980s the town had become the third-largest shipping point for onions in North Texas. It had an estimated 682 people and twenty businesses by 1988. In 1990 its population totaled 655, and in 2000 662 people made up the town. 
Trenton is located in southwestern Fannin County at 33°25′46″N 96°20′25″W / 33.42944°N 96.34028°W / 33.42944; -96.34028 (33.429566, -96.340143).U.S. Route 69 passes through the northeast part of the city, leading northwest 27 miles (43 km) to Denison and southeast 26 miles (42 km) to Greenville. Texas State Highway 121 passes through the northern part of Trenton, crossing US 69 at a diamond interchange. Highway 121 leads northeast 15 miles (24 km) to Bonham, the Fannin County seat, and southwest 17 miles (27 km) to Melissa. The center of Dallas is 57 miles (92 km) southwest of Trenton via Melissa and McKinney.
Affordable Local Roofing Companies Trenton TX
Finding the right local roofing contractor in your area is easy. Just request your free estimates from the preferred vendor on this website now. You originally came to our website because fo your interest in receiving more information regarding Affordable Local Roofing Companies. There is no obligation to receive free proposals from some of the top licensed roofers servicing your area. Experienced professionals are standing by waiting to compete for your business. So what are you waiting for? Find the right Trenton TX roofer at the right price now!
More Roof Top Areas in Texas