How to Find an Affordable Roofer near Shoshone Idaho
When your roof is leaking and you are looking for a local roofing contractor in Shoshone ID, it is imperative that you find an experienced professional that is not only licensed but screened for your peace of mind and protection. The roofer that you finally hire should be able to handle any job that involves shingles, including fixing leaks, water proofing, removing snow or installing a new roof. He or she should also be a specialist that works exclusively in the roofing trade as either a small one man shop with a crew or as part of a larger construction company. But undoubtedly most important of all is to find a roofer that has built an exceptional reputation for excellent workmanship at affordable prices. And before work even starts, you must obtain a written estimate with all of the details so that you will know how much the job costs before making your final decision. That is how a professional company conducts business. So just how do you find the right roofing professional for your home? Let’s take a look at a few of the critical factors to consider before hiring a licensed professional in your area.
Roof Installation, Inspection or Repair
The following list of roofing installation, maintenance and repair services are offered by the majority of Shoshone ID roofers. Since this is only a partial list it is not all inclusive of the services offered. If you are in need of a roofing service not listed below and would like a proposal from our featured vendor, please be sure to inquire with your quote request if that service is available in your area.
- Residential and Commercial Roofing
- New Roof Installation or Replacement
- Roof Inspection and Repair
- Leak Detection and Repair
- Maintenance and Cleaning
- Snow Removal
- Shingle Replacement
- Skylight Installation
- Water Proofing and Coatings
How to Hire a Roofing Contractor
Roofing is a trade or a profession that each State regulates and licenses. It requires experience and expertise and is generally not the type of work that should be entrusted to a “jack of all trades” or a handyman. So, if your roof has leak or it finally needs to be replaced, it is extremely important that you hire the services of a licensed Shoshone ID roofing contractor. Following are some of the critical steps that you should take before selecting a professional roofer for your repair or replacement job.
- Consult with a minimum of 3 Local Roofing Contractors. Speaking with at least three Shoshone ID roofers will give you a good idea of what the job entails and what it should cost. However, you should not make your decision based exclusively on the lowest bid. Be cautious of any excessively high or low quotes as well and ask the contractor why the extreme difference in cost. Also, work only with contractors that have an established local presence. Avoid “storm chasers” or door to door salesmen who claim they can get your insurance to pay for the whole job.
- Check Licensing and Credentials. Be sure to do your due diligence regarding any of the contractors that you are considering hiring. Professional and reputable Shoshone ID roofing companies will be licensed and insured for both your and their protection. They should also be willing to provide at least 3 references from past local customers, preferably providing photos of their finished work. Be sure to contact the references and ask if they have been completely satisfied with the work. Checking with your Idaho Attorney General for complaints filed, the Better Business Bureau or online review services are some of the other ways you can determine if they do excellent work.
- Get it all in Writing. Be sure to obtain and review your contract very carefully with the Shoshone ID roofing contractor present so that you can address any questions. If you are not clear regarding any of the terms, have a lawyer review it first before signing. Make sure that you completely understand the warranty and payment schedule. Finally, confirm that all services to be performed that are included in the contract are clearly detailed, including such things as the materials or shingles to be used, the hauling away the old shingles and the general clean up after the job.
- Verify Permits and Insurance. Before allowing any work to begin, make sure that any permits that are required are properly obtained and displayed. This is something that any professional Shoshone ID roofing contractor will be happy to take care of as part of their service under the contract. Also, make sure that the contractor’s employees are protected by Workers Compensation Insurance and that you and your home are both protected with Liability Insurance. You can request Certificates of Insurance that will provide proof that the coverages are in order. It is a good idea to also call the insurance provider to confirm that the policies have not lapsed. Finally, check with your own insurance company if the roof repair or replacement work is covered under your policy to ensure that all requirements have been satisfied and approval given before any work begins.
- Pay for Work as Completed. Do not pay for the entire roofing project in advance. If the contractor requires full immediate payment in the contract, don’t sign it. A “Good Faith” initial deposit combined with a payment schedule based on the work completed is a fairly common practice in Shoshone ID and is reasonable. Also, if possible pay with a credit card instead of with a check or cash. Most credit card vendors offer some form of purchase protection, which will make it easier in case of a dispute and can eliminate the need to go to court to recoup your investment.
Need a New Roof in Shoshone Idaho?
If you live in the Shoshone ID area and are in need of a good, reliable as well as affordable roofing contractor, following is some background information about your hometown that may be of interest.
USS Shoshone (ID-1760)
USS Shoshone (ID-1760) was a transport that served in the United States Navy in 1919. Shoshone (ID-1760), the first United States Navy ship of the name, was built in 1911 by Bremer Vulkan at Vegesack, Germany, and operated as a passenger-cargo ship by the Hamburg-America Line as SS Wasgenwald. Wasgenwald was chartered for World War I service by the United States Army on 26 October 1917 from the Custom House, New York, and used as a depot collier with the name SS Shoshone.
As built, the vessel was 367 ft 11 in (112.1 m) long overall and 353 ft 0 in (107.6 m) between perpendiculars with a beam of 48 ft 7 in (14.8 m) and a draft of 34 ft 2 in (10.4 m). The ship had a gross register tonnage (GRT) of 4,708. The vessel was powered by a vertical quadruple expansion steam engine driving one shaft, giving the vessel a maximum speed of 12.5 knots (23.2 km/h; 14.4 mph). As built, the vessel could carry 50 first-class passengers. In United States military service, the vessel was armed with one 5-inch (127 mm)/51 caliber gun and one 3-inch (76 mm)/50 caliber gun.
The vessel was constructed in 1911 by Bremer Vulkan at their yard in Vegesack, Germany with the yard number 552. The vessel was launched on 30 December 1911 and named Wasgenwald. The merchant ship was completed in February 1912 and registered in Hamburg. Owned by the German Hamburg-Amerika Line at the onset of World War I, Wasgenwald took shelter at Saint Thomas in the Dutch Virgin Islands. The ship was interned by the United States after they took over the Virgin Islands in March 1917, where the vessel had remained since the outbreak of war. However, before the Virgin Islands could become an American colony, the vessel was purchased from her German owners by the Kerr Navigation Company, renamed Shoshone and registered in New York City.
New Roofing Installation Shoshone ID
Finding the right local roofing contractor in your area is easy. Just request your free estimates from the preferred vendor on this website now. You originally came to our website because fo your interest in receiving more information regarding New Roofing Installation. There is no obligation to receive free proposals from some of the top licensed roofers servicing your area. Experienced professionals are standing by waiting to compete for your business. So what are you waiting for? Find the right Shoshone ID roofer at the right price now!
More Roof Top Areas in Idaho