How to Find a Qualified Roofer near Weldon California
When your roof is old or damaged and you need a local roofing contractor in Weldon CA, it is important that you find a qualified professional that is not only licensed but screened for your protection and peace of mind. The roofer that you finally select should be able to handle any project that involves shingles, including repairing, applying water proof coatings, removing snow or installing a new roof. He or she should also be a specialist that works exclusively in the roofing trade as either a smaller one man shop with a crew or as part of a large construction company. But perhaps most important of all is to hire a roofing company that has developed an outstanding reputation for quality workmanship at reasonable prices. And before the job even begins, you should obtain a written estimate with all of the specifics so that you will know how much the job costs before making your final decision. That is how a professional company conducts business. So just how do you find the best roofing contractor for your home? Let’s take a look at some of the critical factors to consider before selecting a licensed contractor near you.
Roof Installation, Inspection or Repair
The following list of roofing installation, maintenance and repair services are offered by the majority of Weldon CA roofers. Since this is only a partial list it is not all inclusive of the services offered. If you are in need of a roofing service not listed below and would like a proposal from our featured vendor, please be sure to inquire with your quote request if that service is available in your area.
- Residential and Commercial Roofing
- New Roof Installation or Replacement
- Roof Inspection and Repair
- Leak Detection and Repair
- Maintenance and Cleaning
- Snow Removal
- Shingle Replacement
- Skylight Installation
- Water Proofing and Coatings
How to Hire a Roofing Contractor
Roofing is a trade or a profession that each State regulates and licenses. It requires experience and expertise and is generally not the type of work that should be entrusted to a “jack of all trades” or a handyman. So, if your roof has leak or it finally needs to be replaced, it is extremely important that you hire the services of a licensed Weldon CA roofing contractor. Following are some of the critical steps that you should take before selecting a professional roofer for your repair or replacement job.
- Consult with a minimum of 3 Local Roofing Contractors. Speaking with at least three Weldon CA roofers will give you a good idea of what the job entails and what it should cost. However, you should not make your decision based exclusively on the lowest bid. Be cautious of any excessively high or low quotes as well and ask the contractor why the extreme difference in cost. Also, work only with contractors that have an established local presence. Avoid “storm chasers” or door to door salesmen who claim they can get your insurance to pay for the whole job.
- Check Licensing and Credentials. Be sure to do your due diligence regarding any of the contractors that you are considering hiring. Professional and reputable Weldon CA roofing companies will be licensed and insured for both your and their protection. They should also be willing to provide at least 3 references from past local customers, preferably providing photos of their finished work. Be sure to contact the references and ask if they have been completely satisfied with the work. Checking with your California Attorney General for complaints filed, the Better Business Bureau or online review services are some of the other ways you can determine if they do excellent work.
- Get it all in Writing. Be sure to obtain and review your contract very carefully with the Weldon CA roofing contractor present so that you can address any questions. If you are not clear regarding any of the terms, have a lawyer review it first before signing. Make sure that you completely understand the warranty and payment schedule. Finally, confirm that all services to be performed that are included in the contract are clearly detailed, including such things as the materials or shingles to be used, the hauling away the old shingles and the general clean up after the job.
- Verify Permits and Insurance. Before allowing any work to begin, make sure that any permits that are required are properly obtained and displayed. This is something that any professional Weldon CA roofing contractor will be happy to take care of as part of their service under the contract. Also, make sure that the contractor’s employees are protected by Workers Compensation Insurance and that you and your home are both protected with Liability Insurance. You can request Certificates of Insurance that will provide proof that the coverages are in order. It is a good idea to also call the insurance provider to confirm that the policies have not lapsed. Finally, check with your own insurance company if the roof repair or replacement work is covered under your policy to ensure that all requirements have been satisfied and approval given before any work begins.
- Pay for Work as Completed. Do not pay for the entire roofing project in advance. If the contractor requires full immediate payment in the contract, don’t sign it. A “Good Faith” initial deposit combined with a payment schedule based on the work completed is a fairly common practice in Weldon CA and is reasonable. Also, if possible pay with a credit card instead of with a check or cash. Most credit card vendors offer some form of purchase protection, which will make it easier in case of a dispute and can eliminate the need to go to court to recoup your investment.
Need a New Roof in Weldon California?
If you live in the Weldon CA area and are in need of a good, reliable as well as affordable roofing contractor, following is some background information about your hometown that may be of interest.
Caroline Weldon (December 4, 1844 - March 15, 1921) was a Swiss-American artist and activist with the National Indian Defense Association. Weldon became a confidante and the personal secretary to the Lakota Sioux Indian leader Sitting Bull during the time when Plains Indians had adopted the Ghost Dance movement.
Caroline Weldon was born Susanna Karolina Faesch on December 4, 1844 in Kleinbasel, Canton Basel, Switzerland. Her father was Johann Lukas Faesch, a career Swiss mercenary military officer serving in a Swiss regiment in France; her mother was Anna Maria Barbara, née Marti. She arrived in America in 1852, together with her mother, settling in Brooklyn. That year, her mother was remarried to the exiled German revolutionary and physician, Dr. Karl Heinrich Valentiny, who ran a medical practice in Brooklyn. In 1866, Susanna Carolina Faesch was married in Brooklyn to Dr. Bernhard Claudius Schlatter, a physician and fellow Swiss. Her marriage to Schlatter remained childless and was an unhappy one. In June 1876 she ran away with a married man identified in court records as Christopher J. Stevenson. Living with Stevenson briefly in a rented apartment in Hoboken, NJ, she gave birth to a child in late 1876 or early 1877, a boy she named Christie. However her romantic relationship with Stevenson did not last for he would soon abandon her to return to his wife of many years. Caroline was compelled to return to Brooklyn to live with her mother and stepfather. Her estranged husband Bernhard Schlatter filed for divorce which was granted in 1883.
Weldon pursued her interests in art. After her divorce from her husband and having been abandoned by her lover she became committed to the cause of Native Americans. Upon the death of her mother in 1887 she had inherited some money which gave her the means to freely pursue her interests. Sometime thereafter she changed her name to Caroline Weldon, presumably to allow her to put her past behind her, although her exact reasons for this action remain unknown. In the summer of 1889 Caroline Weldon traveled to Dakota Territory to fulfill her dream of living among the Sioux. She had joined NIDA, the National Indian Defense Association, headed by Dr. Thomas Bland and his wife Cora Bland, embarking on a quest to aid the Sioux in their struggle to fight the US government’s attempt under the Dawes Act to expropriate vast portions of the Great Sioux Reservation for the purpose of opening same up for white settlement and with the intent of rendering the creations of the two new states of North Dakota and South Dakota economically viable. She befriended Sitting Bull, leader of the traditionalist faction among the Sioux acting as his secretary, interpreter and advocate. After she had moved with her young son Christie to live at Sitting Bull’s compound on the Grand River at Standing Rock Indian Reservation, her confrontations and open defiance of Indian Agent James McLaughlin did not endear her to the general public. McLaughlin initiated a smear campaign, resulting in her being hated and reviled by much of the white community and vilified in the national press. When in the summer of 1890 the Ghost Dance Movement swept through the Indian Reservations of the West she denounced it and warned Sitting Bull that it would give the government an excuse to harm him and to summon the military for intervention which would result in the destruction of the Sioux Nation. Sitting Bull turned against her and upon her son falling ill in November she decided to leave. The subsequent events of Sitting Bull’s murder and the Wounded Knee Massacre the following December proved her right, adding to her sense of futility and failure. Her son died on November 19, 1890 while on the riverboat Chaska near Pierre, SD. She had been on her way to her new home in Kansas City, MO. She lived briefly in the latter city with her nephew Friedrich William Schleicher, a school teacher, only to return eventually to Brooklyn. She disappeared into obscurity soon after.
Free Roofing Quotes Weldon CA
Finding the right local roofing contractor in your area is easy. Just request your free estimates from the preferred vendor on this website now. You originally came to our website because fo your interest in receiving more information regarding Free Roofing Quotes. There is no obligation to receive free proposals from some of the top licensed roofers servicing your area. Experienced professionals are standing by waiting to compete for your business. So what are you waiting for? Find the right Weldon CA roofer at the right price now!
More Roof Top Areas in California