How to Select a Reliable Roofing Company near Berry Alabama
When your roof is old or damaged and you are looking for a local roofing contractor in Berry AL, it is important that you find an experienced professional that is not only licensed but screened for your protection and peace of mind. The roofer that you ultimately choose should be able to handle any project that involves shingles, including repairing, water proofing, snow removal or installing a new roof. She or he should also be a specialist that works exclusively in the roofing trade as either a smaller one person shop with a crew or as part of a larger construction company. But undoubtedly most important of all is to hire a roofing contractor that has developed an exceptional reputation for excellent workmanship at affordable prices. And before the project even starts, you must obtain a written estimate with all of the specifics so that you will know how much the project costs before making your final decision. That is how a professional company conducts business. So how do you locate the right roofing contractor for your home? Let’s take a look at a few of the critical factors to consider before hiring a licensed contractor near you.
Roof Installation, Inspection or Repair
The following list of roofing installation, maintenance and repair services are offered by the majority of Berry AL roofers. Since this is only a partial list it is not all inclusive of the services offered. If you are in need of a roofing service not listed below and would like a proposal from our featured vendor, please be sure to inquire with your quote request if that service is available in your area.
- Residential and Commercial Roofing
- New Roof Installation or Replacement
- Roof Inspection and Repair
- Leak Detection and Repair
- Maintenance and Cleaning
- Snow Removal
- Shingle Replacement
- Skylight Installation
- Water Proofing and Coatings
How to Hire a Roofing Contractor
Roofing is a trade or a profession that each State regulates and licenses. It requires experience and expertise and is generally not the type of work that should be entrusted to a “jack of all trades” or a handyman. So, if your roof has leak or it finally needs to be replaced, it is extremely important that you hire the services of a licensed Berry AL roofing contractor. Following are some of the critical steps that you should take before selecting a professional roofer for your repair or replacement job.
- Consult with a minimum of 3 Local Roofing Contractors. Speaking with at least three Berry AL roofers will give you a good idea of what the job entails and what it should cost. However, you should not make your decision based exclusively on the lowest bid. Be cautious of any excessively high or low quotes as well and ask the contractor why the extreme difference in cost. Also, work only with contractors that have an established local presence. Avoid “storm chasers” or door to door salesmen who claim they can get your insurance to pay for the whole job.
- Check Licensing and Credentials. Be sure to do your due diligence regarding any of the contractors that you are considering hiring. Professional and reputable Berry AL roofing companies will be licensed and insured for both your and their protection. They should also be willing to provide at least 3 references from past local customers, preferably providing photos of their finished work. Be sure to contact the references and ask if they have been completely satisfied with the work. Checking with your Alabama Attorney General for complaints filed, the Better Business Bureau or online review services are some of the other ways you can determine if they do excellent work.
- Get it all in Writing. Be sure to obtain and review your contract very carefully with the Berry AL roofing contractor present so that you can address any questions. If you are not clear regarding any of the terms, have a lawyer review it first before signing. Make sure that you completely understand the warranty and payment schedule. Finally, confirm that all services to be performed that are included in the contract are clearly detailed, including such things as the materials or shingles to be used, the hauling away the old shingles and the general clean up after the job.
- Verify Permits and Insurance. Before allowing any work to begin, make sure that any permits that are required are properly obtained and displayed. This is something that any professional Berry AL roofing contractor will be happy to take care of as part of their service under the contract. Also, make sure that the contractor’s employees are protected by Workers Compensation Insurance and that you and your home are both protected with Liability Insurance. You can request Certificates of Insurance that will provide proof that the coverages are in order. It is a good idea to also call the insurance provider to confirm that the policies have not lapsed. Finally, check with your own insurance company if the roof repair or replacement work is covered under your policy to ensure that all requirements have been satisfied and approval given before any work begins.
- Pay for Work as Completed. Do not pay for the entire roofing project in advance. If the contractor requires full immediate payment in the contract, don’t sign it. A “Good Faith” initial deposit combined with a payment schedule based on the work completed is a fairly common practice in Berry AL and is reasonable. Also, if possible pay with a credit card instead of with a check or cash. Most credit card vendors offer some form of purchase protection, which will make it easier in case of a dispute and can eliminate the need to go to court to recoup your investment.
Need a New Roof in Berry Alabama?
If you live in the Berry AL area and are in need of a good, reliable as well as affordable roofing contractor, following is some background information about your hometown that may be of interest.
The town was named for Thompson Berry, a local landowner. The town incorporated in 1883 as "Berry Station". However, the first elections were not held until 1899 and the town did not appear on the U.S. Census until 1900. In the 1920s, it shortened its name to Berry. On April 27, 2011, the town was struck twice by tornadoes.
Berry is located in southeastern Fayette County at 33°39′28″N 87°36′22″W / 33.65778°N 87.60611°W / 33.65778; -87.60611 (33.657836, -87.606084).Alabama State Route 18 runs through the town, leading west 17 miles (27 km) to Fayette, the county seat, and east 16 miles (26 km) to Oakman.
According to the U.S. Census Bureau, the town has a total area of 10.8 square miles (27.9 km2), of which 0.006 square miles (0.015 km2), or 0.05%, is water. The town lies between the North River and its tributary, Cedar Creek. It is part of the watershed of the Black Warrior River, the principal tributary of the Tombigbee River.
Cost Of A New Roof Berry AL
Finding the right local roofing contractor in your area is easy. Just request your free estimates from the preferred vendor on this website now. You originally came to our website because fo your interest in receiving more information regarding Cost Of A New Roof. There is no obligation to receive free proposals from some of the top licensed roofers servicing your area. Experienced professionals are standing by waiting to compete for your business. So what are you waiting for? Find the right Berry AL roofer at the right price now!
More Roof Top Areas in Alabama